Fundraising events can be great ways to unite your church and local community and meet new people. Put on your thinking cap and get imaginative – the sky’s the limit for putting on your own fundraising event and we’ve all sorts of ideas to inspire you!
Making fundraising rewarding and fun
Not only can you have fun while raising funds and awareness for our work, it’s incredibly rewarding knowing you’re helping people around the world to be set free to follow God’s call in mission!
Fundraising doesn’t have to be complicated or expensive – your time is probably the most valuable thing you can give.
Choose whether the funds you raise are used for a particular mission partner, for a region of the world you have a special heart for, or for wherever the need is greatest.
We are incredibly thankful for all your efforts!
"Valerie is still on a ‘high’ – she was so delighted to have risen to the challenge!"
– Cynthia, who walked 10k in the South Downs for Church Mission Society with her friend Valerie, both in their 70s. Cynthia, Valerie and friends raised over £3,000 for mission.
Need some ideas?
Here's a little inspiration...
- Quiz-night: always popular and pretty easy! Nominate a quiz master, invite the church and charge a fee per team. Time for all the brain boxes to show off! Name five England players from the 1966 world cup anyone?
- Communi-Tea: put on a tea party with a spoonful of friendship and a dash of mission!
- Promises Auction: Use the skills of all your amazing friends and family to raise funds for mission! Recruit offers to do DIY, babysit, gardening, cooking or draw a portrait and auction them off!
- Auction your goods on ebay: a super-easy way to raise funds from things you don’t want anymore, but are just what someone else is looking for.
- Clothes swap: A great girly night in. Ask friends and family to bring along good quality unwanted clothes – exchange with each other to find many a new treasure! Chocolate and wine optional!
- ‘Come dine with me’: move round each other’s houses, with a course in each. Charge a small fee to take part.
- Give as You Live: raise funds for CMS in a really easy way - as you shop online with Give as you Live
- Car wash: almost any car owner would willingly pay £5 for their wheels to be washed sparkling new!
- Walk with Jesus: take a gentle amble through the stunning South Downs. Suitable for all the community.
"We were a lovely mixed group, and it was a very very pleasant afternoon. The afternoon went very well, and the Communi-tea is a very very good idea."
– Mrs Wyn, who invited members of the mums and toddlers group, as well as older congregation members, to a tea party at her church and raised £140 for mission.
We can help you
Do keep in touch throughout planning your event: we can help you all the way. Ring Hannah on 01865 787521 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Jesus runs with me...if he wants me to finish, I will."
– 18-year old Faith, who completed the Brighton Marathon for CMS under her aimed time of four hours. Between them, Faith and fellow runner Colette raised over £3,000 for mission.