Church Mission Society’s commitment to you as a supporter concerning your personal data.
Church Mission Society (CMS) is registered with the Information Commissioner (ICO), registration number Z6100362.
You can read more concerning our registration here, including a list of all data related activities that we have registered with the ICO.
All information that we hold concerning you as an individual supporter will be held and processed by Church Mission Society in accordance with the provisions of data protection legislation.
Such data will be used by Church Mission Society to administer our relationship with you and to provide you with information about our activities.
We will respect your preferences to be included or not included in e-mail mail-outs and postal mailings. Please use the options within the emails to unsubscribe or contact us by email at email@example.com, by phone on 01865 787400 or by post at the address below.
We will also respect your preference for your photo not to appear in Church Mission Society publications, please contact us to express this preference.
We will not transfer your contact details to other charities or to other companies for marketing purposes.
We will not, without your consent, supply your contact details or other personal data to any third party outside Church Mission Society except:
- where we are required to do so by the law.
- where the transfer is within the Church Mission Society group of companies (CMS, CMS Trust, SAMS, CMS House Enterprises Ltd)
- where such a transfer is a necessary part of the activities that we undertake. For example, we may:
- transfer your name and address to a mailing house in order to send out mailings to you
- transfer your contact details to our email platform provider in order to send out tailored emails to you
- transfer your name, address and the values of gifts that you have given us to HMRC in order to reclaim gift aid on your gifts
- transfer your name and contact details to conference centres if you are a supporter attending a CMS sponsored conference
- transfer your name and address to profile research organisations in order to get anonymous analysis of our supporters’ collective behaviour and identity – for example their average age, common interests
- transfer your name and address to questionnaire research organisations so that they can conduct personalised surveys or collect independent feedback from supporters on our performance, or their own opinions
We will not, without your consent, supply your personal data to third parties in order to get individualised reporting on your capacity to make charitable donations (a practice known as wealth screening).
We encourage members of the Church Mission Society Community to give consent to allow us to supply their contact details to other members of the community, to encourage prayer for one another and fellowship or meeting up with each other. You may choose to share your address, phone number and/or email address under these circumstances.
As an individual, you have a right under data protection legislation to obtain information from us, including a description of the data that we hold on you. Should you have any queries concerning this, please contact the Head of ICT at the address below.
We may sometimes contact you in your capacity as a representative of an organisation, for example if you are a minister of a church. In this case, we do not hold details for you as an individual supporter but as a contact for the organisation. These details are stored as a separate record in our database and are not regarded as personal data. Sometimes our relationship with you would be in both categories – as an individual and as representative of an organisation - and we will try to make the context clear when we communicate with you.
If you are an employee of Church Mission Society or a visitor to CMS House, then we may hold additional personal data about you, please contact us for details.
Our contact details for data protection matters:
Church Mission Society, Watlington Road Oxford, OX4 6BZ
This version – December 2016.