Ukraine: fire in flat
Mission partner Alison Giblett’s flat in Kyiv has been severely damaged in a fire caused by an electrical short in the building. There has been much destruction to the structure and contents of the apartment. Alison and some friends have been trying to clean and salvage what they can but the fumes have made them feel unwell: stomach aches, headaches, difficulty breathing, itchy eyes. This is of course distressing to contend with in addition to the continuing volatile situation in Ukraine. Please pray for Alison, that God will give her encouragement and strength. And continue to pray for the people of Ukraine, who are facing an increasing lack of fuel and food as Russia has targeted grain supplies, food factories and oil reserves and has confiscated many resources.