The Covid-19 pandemic has given us no choice about change.
While we may have known, pre-pandemic, that we need to adapt we now have no choice about it. Change is happening whether we want it or not.
Instead of rushing back to business as usual, why not take this as an opportunity to ask questions about what new things God might be calling us to be and to do for 2021 and beyond?
- How might we lean into the adaptive challenge of the Covid-19 pandemic?
- How might we learn practices that move us into sustainable missional leadership and change both personally and corporately?
- How can church leaders stay present, mentally healthy, and spiritually grounded?
This half day workshop presented by Church Innovations in collaboration with Church Mission Society focuses on the important work of changing church culture, with innovative spiritual practices that establish the foundation for durable, missional change.
How Change Comes To Your Church draws on the practical experience, stories, and examples from experienced church leaders from the US and UK.
Patrick Keifert and Wesley Granberg-Michaelson have helped thousands of congregations globally as well as larger denominational organizations identify key elements that are a necessary part of transformational change.
Nigel Rooms, Anglican priest, missiologist, author and facilitator heads the Partnership for Missional Church process at Church Mission Society. He is joining Patrick and Wesley by bringing change insights from a UK perspective.
The workshop programme outline:
Session 1 (1 hour) Dwelling in the Word
- Welcome and introduction
- Action reflection experience of spiritual practice “Dwelling in the Word”
Session 2 (30 min) Missional Change
- Being present to adaptive change here and now
- Understanding and responding to the New Missional Era
Session 3 (1 hour) Missional Practices
- Introduction to proven practices that make peace with adaptive change
- Space for reflection, questions, identifying strategies for implementation
Session 4 (1 hour) Focus for Missional Action
- How to focus for missional action
- Group discussion on key questions
- Reflection & feedback
We find that learning and leading best happens in community.
So how about inviting another leader from your church along – lay or ordained? This way you can reflect together and are already one step into applying your learning practically to your context.
Individual ticket: £45
For groups of five or more there is a flat price of £200.