Fundraising events can be great ways to unite your church and local community and meet new people. Put on your thinking cap and get imaginative – the sky’s the limit for putting on your own fundraising event and we’ve all sorts of ideas to inspire you!
Need some ideas?
Here’s a little inspiration…
- Quiz-night: always popular and pretty easy! Nominate a quiz master, invite the church and charge a fee per team. Time for all the brain boxes to show off! Name five England players from the 1966 world cup anyone?
- Tea party: put on a tea party with a spoonful of friendship and a dash of mission!
- Promises Auction: Use the skills of all your amazing friends and family to raise funds for mission! Recruit offers to do DIY, babysit, gardening, cooking or draw a portrait and auction them off!
- Auction your goods on ebay: a super-easy way to raise funds from things you don’t want anymore, but are just what someone else is looking for.
- Clothes swap: A great girly night in. Ask friends and family to bring along good quality unwanted clothes – exchange with each other to find many a new treasure! Chocolate and wine optional!
- ‘Come dine with me’: move round each other’s houses, with a course in each. Charge a small fee to take part.
- Give as You Live: raise funds for CMS in a really easy way – as you shop online with Give as you Live
- Car wash: almost any car owner would willingly pay £5 for their wheels to be washed sparkling new!
- Walk with Jesus: take a gentle amble through the stunning South Downs. Suitable for all the community.
“We were a lovely mixed group, and it was a very very pleasant afternoon. The afternoon went very well, and a tea party is a very very good idea.”
– Mrs Wyn, who invited members of the mums and toddlers group, as well as older congregation members, to a tea party at her church and raised £140 for mission.
We can help you
Do keep in touch throughout planning your event: we can help you all the way. Ring Hannah on 01865 787521 or email email@example.com.
“Jesus runs with me…if he wants me to finish, I will.”
– 18-year old Faith, who completed the Brighton Marathon for CMS under her aimed time of four hours. Between them, Faith and fellow runner Colette raised over £3,000 for mission.