Calling all aspiring photographers! Share your views of mission.
On 1 February 2019, CMS launched a page on Instagram called This is Mission. Using striking photographs and short stories, This is Mission presents a wide and varied look at the many ways God is working in our world – through dance, manicures, mushrooms, protest…and so much more.
Now we’re inviting more people to contribute to this growing gallery of God’s mission. To encourage you to join in, we’re running a This is Mission photo-story competition.
So how do you see mission? Use your creativity to show and tell us…and the rest of the world.
Each entry should be comprised of a photo and a short story (no more than 100 words).
Please title your entry “Mission is…” and then a phrase of no more than five words. For example: Mission is…dance; Mission is…art; Mission is…possibility; Mission is…learning from others; Mission is…creation care. Your accompanying story should explain what you mean by your title and your photo should illustrate the concept. For examples, see Instagram.com/mission_is. If you’re on Instagram, please do follow the page! We will post some competition entries there and on our website as we receive them so look out for yours! Please note: you do not need to add any graphics or your “Mission is…” title to your photo; just fill in the form below and upload your image. You may also repeat ideas already featured on the Instagram page.
Photos may be black and white or colour. Photos will not be accepted if they compromise the privacy or safety of individuals or in any way violate safeguarding or privacy standards contained either in CMS policies or in Charity Commission guidance.
Use the form below to upload your photo and text. Deadline for entry is 1 November 2019. The winner will be announced on 15 November 2019.
As this is Church Mission Society’s 220th year, we are offering the winner £220, thanks to a generous donor who strongly believes in the arts and mission. An independent panel of judges will decide the most creative, moving, thought-provoking entry. We will display the winning photo prominently in our publications, on our website and via social media.
Having trouble submitting your entry?
Call us on 01865 787400
Terms and conditions
- Entrance is free.
- Entrants must be over 18 and living in the UK to win.
- Each entrant is allowed to submit a maximum of three photos and stories to the competition.
- Church Mission Society staff and company members may send photos and stories to be displayed on the CMS website and social media channels, but are not eligible to win.
- Entrants must complete the competition entry form and submit entries under the competition guidelines given on the entry form.
- CMS may contact you with regard to your entry or for marketing purposes under the terms indicated on the entry form.
- By entering the competition you verify that you are the sole owner of the material submitted and that no existing copyrights have been breached.
- By entering the competition you give CMS permission to use your photos and copy submitted to communicate and promote our work.
- Winners will be chosen by the panel of judges appointed by CMS and their decision is final. The winner will be contacted individually by CMS and announced publicly through CMS’s own communication channels.
- Prizes are as specified in the competition information.
- Photos must be of at least 300dpi resolution and files should not exceed 5mb.
- The opening and closing time for entries will be stated on the competition entry form. Entries received after the closing date are invalid and will not be considered.
- By entering the competition entrants accept the terms and conditions stated for the competition.