Our partner in Asia is looking for an Executive Director to lead their international non-governmental organisation.
They are seeking an Executive Director with a living Christian faith, who will be committed to serving the national population and enabling our team to develop effective strategies for this season. He or she will bring in equal measure inspirational and caring leadership, direction in transformational development, and effective organisational management.
He or she will demonstrate strong spiritual leadership, think and act strategically, lead in a consultative and sensitive manner across cultures and constituencies, and build strong connections with people across the organisation and with partner organisations.
- Demonstrated experience in strategic leadership.
- Strong communication skills (written and spoken) in English, including the ability to communicate in cross-cultural contexts.
- Proven ability leading diverse teams.
- Ability to delegate responsibility and provide effective oversight to strategic planning, budgeting, financial management, reporting, recruitment and publicity roles.
- Willingness to lead an organisation that embraces a spectrum of theological views and integral mission priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in crisis management.
- Experience relating to governments and senior government officials.
- Ability to speak or learn one or more of the local languages.
Your Responsibilities will involve:
- Organisation Leadership, strategy and planning
- Relationship Management
- Operational Lead
- Reporting to the Board and General Assembly
- Statutory Compliance
They are looking for a minimum commitment of 4+ years.
Closing Date: 29 November 2019, 5pm
For more information about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Mission Society places individuals, couples and families in over 45 countries around the world as we seek to share the love of Jesus and see our world transformed. Our placements are self-funding with extensive support in fundraising given to those who serve long-term (4+ years). All placements are subject to DBS clearance. Church Mission Society is only able to directly test the calling of those who are rooted in UK/European churches.
Terms and conditions depend upon the location of each opening and the duration of the placement offered. Short-term opportunities (4 months to 2 years) are self-funded, with CMS offering residential, cross-cultural training. Long-term mission partners serve for 4-6 years minimum. We work on a fully resourced basis to ensure your funding, learning and support are in place together, through connecting to local churches and your wider networks. Individualised learning plans are developed for preparation and during service for those on long-term service.Get in touch