Middle East Concern is looking for an advocacy and development manager.
The candidate is required to be qualified, highly motivated and competent with relevant experience.
MEC maintains advocacy and support networks outside the Middle East and North Africa region (MENA) in order to facilitate effective support to those we serve within the MENA region. The post holder will manage these advocacy and support networks within a specified region.
Their responsibilities will be (according to their region) to:
(a) develop and maintain support networks in order to generate support for Christians in the MENA region facing persecution. This includes but is not limited to: networks for prayer, political advocacy, human rights NGO’s, the media and refugee assistance;
(b) plan and implement fundraising and donor management. This includes researching possible sources of funding and approaching potential donors;
(c) raise awareness of the situation of Middle Eastern Christians and promote the work of MEC;
(d) stay abreast of developments in relevant areas, including, but not limited to (i) legislation and government policies in the areas of foreign affairs, human rights and asylum/refugees, (ii) awareness and interest among the Christian community in the church and mission in the MENA region and the persecuted church in general.
The candidate is required to:
(1) be a committed Christian with an interdenominational attitude, and an openness to increasing their knowledge and appreciation of MENA Christianity in all its diversity;
(2) have developed for himself/herself a Biblical rationale for pursuing the cause of human rights for Christians in the MENA region;
(3) have good communication skills in English (verbal and written);
(4) be committed to strict confidentiality about MEC business, and willing to keep to MEC’s security guidelines;
(5) be computer literate (predominantly email and security and MS office software);
(6) be willing to travel outside country of location. Successful candidates will have relevant qualifications and experience.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com
Church Mission Society places individuals, couples and families in over 45 countries around the world as we seek to share the love of Jesus and see our world transformed. Our placements are self-funding with extensive support in fundraising given to those who serve long-term (4+ years). All placements are subject to DBS clearance. Church Mission Society is only able to directly test the calling of those who are rooted in UK/European churches.
Terms and conditions depend upon the location of each opening and the duration of the placement offered. Short-term opportunities (4 months to 2 years) are self-funded, with CMS offering residential, cross-cultural training. Long-term mission partners serve for 4-6 years minimum. We work on a fully resourced basis to ensure your funding, learning and support are in place together, through connecting to local churches and your wider networks. Individualised learning plans are developed for preparation and during service for those on long-term service.Get in touch