IcFEM is looking for doctors of various specialisations to assist the Dreamland Mission Hospital, based in Kenya.
Candidates are required to be qualified, highly motivated and competent with relevant experience.
Specific desired skills and roles include:
- family doctor
- general surgeon
- training and teaching
- managerial skills
- development of medical services.
The desired characteristics and experience of the candidate are:
- previous work in Africa or another international context
- a flexible team player
- already or prepared to be registered with Kenyan Doctors and Dentist Board (advice and assistance given, costs covered)
- prepared to apply for a Kenyan missionary visa (assistance given).
Other desirable skills are:
- basic emergency abdominal surgery
- gynaecological/obstetric emergency surgery (including Caesarean Sections)
- tropical postgraduate qualifications
- endoscopy skills (or willingness to learn)
- orthopaedic experience
- IT skills
- Swahili speaker (or willingness to learn), laboratory skills
Successful candidates will have relevant qualifications and experience.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com
Church Mission Society places individuals, couples and families in over 45 countries around the world as we seek to share the love of Jesus and see our world transformed. Our placements are self-funding with extensive support in fundraising given to those who serve long-term (4+ years). All placements are subject to DBS clearance. Church Mission Society is only able to directly test the calling of those who are rooted in UK/European churches.
Terms and conditions depend upon the location of each opening and the duration of the placement offered. Short-term opportunities (4 months to 2 years) are self-funded, with CMS offering residential, cross-cultural training. Long-term mission partners serve for 4-6 years minimum. We work on a fully resourced basis to ensure your funding, learning and support are in place together, through connecting to local churches and your wider networks. Individualised learning plans are developed for preparation and during service for those on long-term service.Get in touch