Our partners are looking for an Executive Director. The Executive Director plays a pivotal role in the development of the organisation.
Reporting to a Governance Board, the new ED will be able to:
- Provide leadership, cast vision and motivate the organisation towards achievement of its intended purpose.
- Empower personnel, specifically the Senior Management Team, department heads and project managers, delegating authority with responsibility, and providing for appropriate mentoring and coaching.
- Actively represent Serve in its key external relationships, to communicate the vision of the organisation to supporting partners and donors, potential personnel, the church, and wider audiences.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Ability to work with a Board using a Policy Governance model.
- Proven experience and understanding of development principles.
- Proven experience in leadership.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds and Christian traditions.
- Strong communication skills in English (spoken and written).
- Prior experience in country and understanding of the political context.
- Experience in public relations.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact email@example.com
Church Mission Society places individuals, couples and families in over 45 countries around the world as we seek to share the love of Jesus and see our world transformed. Our placements are self-funding with extensive support in fundraising given to those who serve long-term (4+ years). All placements are subject to DBS clearance. Church Mission Society is only able to directly test the calling of those who are rooted in UK/European churches.
Terms and conditions depend upon the location of each opening and the duration of the placement offered. Short-term opportunities (4 months to 2 years) are self-funded, with CMS offering residential, cross-cultural training. Long-term mission partners serve for 4-6 years minimum. We work on a fully resourced basis to ensure your funding, learning and support are in place together, through connecting to local churches and your wider networks. Individualised learning plans are developed for preparation and during service for those on long-term service.Get in touch