Our partners are looking for a Medical Director of Eye Care Program.
This person will:
- be an ophthalmologist
- coordinate and contribute to training of ophthalmologic residents, senior doctors, nurses and ophthalmic technicians, maintaining contact with international eye care professionals, associations and institutions
- supervise senior doctors in medical accuracy and proficiency, confidentiality and copyright issues
- contribute to annual evaluations of program outcomes, propose strategies to improve the quality and efficiency of the programme, and participate in developing evaluation tools to measure the impact and outcomes of activities
- contribute to the development of strategic plans for the program, develop medical guidelines and standards for eye care services, and coordinate the implementation of these guidelines across the projects
- will liaise with government health officials and contribute to the development of countrywide eye care policies and services
This organization has a 53-year history in-country, and is in transition to becoming more nimble, creative and responsive to local need and opportunity. It has a 25-member expatriate team, with over 400 local co-workers working in 10 projects in 5 geographical locations throughout the country. The core values shared by all staff are:
- Dependence on God
- Love for all
- Learning, and Quality work.
The organization's approach to achieve its mission includes:
1. Staff reflecting the core values
2. Facilitating sustainable development
3. Strategically serving locals
4. Fostering transformation
5. Strengthening communities
For more information about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Mission Society places individuals, couples and families in over 45 countries around the world as we seek to share the love of Jesus and see our world transformed. Our placements are self-funding with extensive support in fundraising given to those who serve long-term (4+ years). All placements are subject to DBS clearance. Church Mission Society is only able to directly test the calling of those who are rooted in UK/European churches.
Terms and conditions depend upon the location of each opening and the duration of the placement offered. Short-term opportunities (4 months to 2 years) are self-funded, with CMS offering residential, cross-cultural training. Long-term mission partners serve for 4-6 years minimum. We work on a fully resourced basis to ensure your funding, learning and support are in place together, through connecting to local churches and your wider networks. Individualised learning plans are developed for preparation and during service for those on long-term service.
Get in touch