Our partners are looking for an Operations and Security Manager to develop and maintain an operating environment that encourages and empowers staff to work wholeheartedly and effectively, enables projects to reach their objectives, and enables the organisation to fulfil its mission.
This person will have a bachelor's degree in a relevant field, preferably with senior management experience in non-profit developing world context. S/he will:
- be competent in strategic planning, project management and leadership
- be able to build organization and staff capacity, to communicate objectives and strategies needed to achieve organizational goals, and to design and implement systems necessary for non-profit organisations to run well
- have technical capability in logistics and security related work, and effective interpersonal and cross cultural communication skills
This organization has a 53-year history in-country, and is in transition to becoming more nimble, creative and responsive to local need and opportunity. It has a 25-member expatriate team, with over 400 local co-workers working in 10 projects in 5 geographical locations throughout the country. The core values shared by all staff are:
- Dependence on God
- Love for all
- Learning, and Quality work
The organization's approach to achieve its mission includes:
1. Staff reflecting the core values
2. Facilitating sustainable development
3. Strategically serving locals
4. Fostering transformation
5. Strengthening communities
For more information about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Mission Society places individuals, couples and families in over 45 countries around the world as we seek to share the love of Jesus and see our world transformed. Our placements are self-funding with extensive support in fundraising given to those who serve long-term (4+ years). All placements are subject to DBS clearance. Church Mission Society is only able to directly test the calling of those who are rooted in UK/European churches.
Terms and conditions depend upon the location of each opening and the duration of the placement offered. Short-term opportunities (4 months to 2 years) are self-funded, with CMS offering residential, cross-cultural training. Long-term mission partners serve for 4-6 years minimum. We work on a fully resourced basis to ensure your funding, learning and support are in place together, through connecting to local churches and your wider networks. Individualised learning plans are developed for preparation and during service for those on long-term service.
Get in touch