Lebanese Society for Educational and Social Development (LSESD) is looking for a Programme Officer.
The candidate is required to be qualified, highly motivated and competent with relevant experience.
This job reports to the Director of Development and Partner Relations and supports LSESD programmes through the design of projects that fall within the organisation’s main areas of focus, in accordance with identified standards and guidelines.
The officer’s responsibilities will be:
- design projects in coordination with relevant LSESD organisations and/or community-based partners;
- develop project proposals as per donor requirements;
- design and implement monitoring systems in projects;
- develop timely written reports in accordance with donor standards;
- coordinate with LSESD ministries and project partners to ensure compliance of project implementation with approved proposals;
- manage and build relationships between LSESD and partner churches and community-based organizations;
- confirm compliance with LSESD policies and procedures and legal requirements;
- remain up-to-date with LSESD funding needs;
- remain up-to-date with the requirements and formats of different donors – including international governmental and non-governmental agencies, local embassies and funding agencies – with respect to sectors, priorities, guidelines etc.;
- keep track of funding opportunities and donor deadlines and ensure proposals are submitted on time;
- and work with the director of Development and Partner Relations on identifying strategies for multiple funding.
Candidates will be expected to have: an appropriate university degree in international development, sociology, anthropology or an associated discipline.
Also preferred a post graduate degree or training; at least two years field experience working with an NGO or community organisation; significant experience in setting, managing and monitoring budgets; team player; strategic thinker; aware of donor requirements in terms of proposal writing and reporting; have a good understanding of integral mission and know how to address, without any conditionality, both physical and social needs as well as spiritual needs through projects; fluent in Arabic and English (high standard of written English); ability to work with churches and community organisations; excellent organisational skills.
Successful candidates will have relevant qualifications and experience.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Mission Society places individuals, couples and families in over 45 countries around the world as we seek to share the love of Jesus and see our world transformed. Our placements are self-funding with extensive support in fundraising given to those who serve long-term (4+ years). All placements are subject to DBS clearance. Church Mission Society is only able to directly test the calling of those who are rooted in UK/European churches.
Terms and conditions depend upon the location of each opening and the duration of the placement offered. Short-term opportunities (4 months to 2 years) are self-funded, with CMS offering residential, cross-cultural training. Long-term mission partners serve for 4-6 years minimum. We work on a fully resourced basis to ensure your funding, learning and support are in place together, through connecting to local churches and your wider networks. Individualised learning plans are developed for preparation and during service for those on long-term service.Get in touch