The Lebanese Society for Education and Social Development is looking for a Proposal Writer/Program Officer.
The Program Officer is a full-time staff member responsible for coordinating, conducting research, developing projects, writing proposals, and seeking grants that address the funding needs of LSESD and its respective ministries. The Program Officer reports to Director of Development and Partner Relations.
The main duties and responsibilities are to:
- remain up-to-date with the funding needs of the respective LSESD institutions
- remain up-to-date with the requirements and formats of different donors, including international governmental and non-governmental agencies, local embassies and funding agencies, with respect to sectors, priorities, guidelines
- develop written concept papers and proposals that meet donor requirements and standards
- identify information gaps blocking proposal completion and secure the necessary information to complete
- keep track of funding opportunities and donor deadlines and ensure proposals are submitted on time
- develop timely written reports in accordance with donor standards
- coordinate with relevant colleagues/LSESD ministry leaders to ensure compliance with approved proposals
- work with the Director of Development and Partner Relations on identifying strategies for multiple funding
- research new and potential areas of intervention as designated by the Executive Director
- support other LSESD development and institutional initiatives
The qualifications required are:
- minimum a bachelors degree
- excellent communication skills, writing skills a must
- excellent organization skills
- team player
- takes initiative
- preferably bilingual: fluent both in Arabic and English (desirable able but not essential)
CMS is seeking to fill this position on behalf of our partner the Lebanese Society for Education and Social Development (LSESD). CMS is a community of people in mission seeking to share Jesus and see lives changed. Our People in Mission programmes exist to support European Christians who wish to serve overseas. Full training, a DBS check and medical screening is offered by CMS. Volunteers are self-funding although support in fundraising is offered to those planning to serve for over 3 years.
Successful candidates will have relevant qualifications and experience.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Mission Society places individuals, couples and families in over 45 countries around the world as we seek to share the love of Jesus and see our world transformed. Our placements are self-funding with extensive support in fundraising given to those who serve long-term (4+ years). All placements are subject to DBS clearance. Church Mission Society is only able to directly test the calling of those who are rooted in UK/European churches.
Terms and conditions depend upon the location of each opening and the duration of the placement offered. Short-term opportunities (4 months to 2 years) are self-funded, with CMS offering residential, cross-cultural training. Long-term mission partners serve for 4-6 years minimum. We work on a fully resourced basis to ensure your funding, learning and support are in place together, through connecting to local churches and your wider networks. Individualised learning plans are developed for preparation and during service for those on long-term service.Get in touch