Scripture Union is offering for a volunteer.
The candidate is required to be qualified, highly motivated and competent with relevant experience.
There are various opportunities available, including:
- teaching Christian Values classes in government schools (Bible-based, practical, motivating, inspirational);
- work as a counsellor/psychologist with specific students as designated by the school staff;
- training events for teaching staff and parents of the schools where we offer values classes;
- annual student retreats (something akin to Holiday Bible Club or Christian Summer Camp);
- evangelistic outreach events, primarily on Saturday mornings, a program called Dia Feliz, held near one of our schools, with our weekly students and their invited guests;
- floorball (a sport similar to hockey, but with a softer ‘puck’) – outreach, coaching, and fundraising for participating in the Christian tournaments;
- prison ministry in a young women’s correctional facility through drama, music and sports.
The requirements would be faith in God’s word, belief that you can play a part in fulfilling the Great Commission, desire to bring the gospel (as opposed to Western culture) to those whose hearts are open, a love for children, a commitment to have or develop an adequate grasp of the Spanish language as a means of communicating, a teachable attitude.
Successful candidates will have relevant qualifications and experience.
For more information about this opportunity, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Mission Society places individuals, couples and families in over 45 countries around the world as we seek to share the love of Jesus and see our world transformed. Our placements are self-funding with extensive support in fundraising given to those who serve long-term (4+ years). All placements are subject to DBS clearance. Church Mission Society is only able to directly test the calling of those who are rooted in UK/European churches.
Terms and conditions depend upon the location of each opening and the duration of the placement offered. Short-term opportunities (4 months to 2 years) are self-funded, with CMS offering residential, cross-cultural training. Long-term mission partners serve for 4-6 years minimum. We work on a fully resourced basis to ensure your funding, learning and support are in place together, through connecting to local churches and your wider networks. Individualised learning plans are developed for preparation and during service for those on long-term service.Get in touch