Are you an easy-going person, flexible and can work in a team?
Are you fluent or have some knowledge of Portuguese?
Then this opportunity might be what God is calling you to next…
ReVive & Água Viva Church based in Olinda, Brazil are in search of short-term volunteers to join their team.
ReVive runs two safe houses for children at risk, working to restore them to families and give hope for the future.
Your time serving will be shared between the two placements.
- You must have skills to develop arts and crafts activities alongside the children at ReVive
- You must bring your joy and ability to organise creative games and English lessons for the girls. (ReVive)
- You must have a can-do attitude to support the educators work in the house, providing help when necessary. (ReVive)
- You will also be tasked to develop activities focused on raising awareness and protecting the environment. (ReVive)
- You will organise and support a recycling project involving the local community. (Água Viva)
- You will be proactive and take part in the life and ministries of Água Viva church.
Ready to begin the discerning process to discover if this placement is for you?
Apply now by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
Church Mission Society places individuals, couples and families in over 45 countries around the world as we seek to share the love of Jesus and see our world transformed. Our placements are self-funding with extensive support in fundraising given to those who serve long-term (4+ years). All placements are subject to DBS clearance. Church Mission Society is only able to directly test the calling of those who are rooted in UK/European churches.
Terms and conditions depend upon the location of each opening and the duration of the placement offered. Short-term opportunities (4 months to 2 years) are self-funded, with CMS offering residential, cross-cultural training. Long-term mission partners serve for 4-6 years minimum. We work on a fully resourced basis to ensure your funding, learning and support are in place together, through connecting to local churches and your wider networks. Individualised learning plans are developed for preparation and during service for those on long-term service.Get in touch