Rachel Burton is a short term mission partner with Church Mission Society, working with the Novo rehabilitation community in Bolivia.
Based in Santa Cruz, this is the first of what is hoped will be many self-sustaining Christian communities that set people free from addiction.
Rachel talked to Jeremy Woodham at the Church Mission Society in Oxford in March 2018. She starts by explaining the vision of Novo.
Reflection questions for groups
If you are listening with your small group, you may like to reflect on some of these questions together:
- What was the one thing that most struck you when you were listening?
- What phrase or thought found an echo in your own experience or spiritual journey?
- Were there any common threads that linked the mission work of the people you’ve listened to and the needs of your local area?
- Does what you’ve heard inspire you to do anything in particular in response?
- What one prayer need will you commit to carry with you over the coming month and regularly pray for?