Helen Botros, based in Cairo, is coordinator of development at Alexandria School of Theology. She talked to Jenny Muscat and Camilla Lloyd about the school’s work enabling students from across the region to study the Bible together and learn from others with a different perspective.
She also talks of the excitement of seeing students go into significant leadership roles across the region and produce lasting fruit for God’s kingdom.
Reflection questions for groups
If you are listening with your small group, you may like to reflect on some of these questions together:
- What was the one thing that most struck you when you were listening?
- What phrase or thought found an echo in your own experience or spiritual journey?
- Were there any common threads that linked the mission work of the people you’ve listened to and the needs of your local area?
- Does what you’ve heard inspire you to do anything in particular in response?
- What one prayer need will you commit to carry with you over the coming month and regularly pray for?