Church Mission Society is thankful for the generous support of charitable trusts and foundations towards its mission work in the UK and overseas.
Our supporting charitable trusts and foundations range from established household names to smaller family trusts. We are thankful for each and every grant received and look to partner well with all who invest in our work: stewarding gifts wisely, reporting well, sharing our funding needs at appropriate intervals and building relationships over time.
Each year, Church Mission Society aims to raise support from charitable trusts and foundations for mission partners, local partners and projects in more than 40 countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Middle East and Europe. We have a track-record of success, but continually depend on God’s gracious provision, the generosity of our supporters and the diligence of our office staff.
Our six mission themes:
- Making Disciples (eg, evangelism, church planting and Bible translation)
- Encouraging Leaders (eg, youth work, theological education and pioneer ministry training
- People at Risk (eg, healthcare, refugee and anti-trafficking work, prison ministry and care for children on the streets)
- Lasting Economic Change (eg, business as mission and skills workshops)
- Peace and Reconciliation (eg, campaigning, advocacy and bridge-building across people groups and faiths)
- Creation Care (eg, sustainable farming practices and community transformation projects)
If you are a trustee or staff member of a grant-making organisation and would like to discuss your grant-making priorities and the specific needs of Church Mission Society, please contact Hannah Burnham (key relationships manager) on email@example.com or +44(0)1865 787462.
Useful documents and charity information
We hope that the links below will be of interest:
- Annual Report and Accounts can be downloaded (please note that CMS’s financial year ends on 31 January each year and new annual reports are usually available from August)
- Our history: over 200 years of pioneering mission
- Our patron: Archbishop Justin Welby
- Our board of trustees
- Our CEO: Alastair Bateman
Church Mission Society is a mission community acknowledged by the Church of England. Company number 6985330. Registered Charity Number 1131655 (England and Wales) and SC047163 (Scotland).